Things to do whilst visiting ‘Burrima’ boardwalk
- Take some time to bird watch – there are numerous species of bird life in the area
- Enjoy the native flora and fauna
- Wander along the 1.8 km boardwalk around the Macquarie Marshes – the walk is flat and level and rated easy.
What to bring
- Binoculars and cameras
- Field books, and bird field guides to identify any of the flora or fauna you see
- Sun protection, hats, insect repellent, sunscreen
- Water and snacks, lunch – food as you the nearest shop is some distance away!
Driving on ‘Burrima’
- Remain on the sealed road. Do not drive on side tracks.
- Drive slowly, roads can be hazardous and there is wildlife around.
- Be aware of pedestrians.
- Park only in the designated car park.
- If rain is likely be aware, and leave the property before rain occurs as the road is very slippery when wet.
More user-friendly conditions, may be for near the entrance steps, or at the start of the Boardwalk.