Things to do whilst visiting ‘Burrima’ boardwalk
- Take some time to bird watch – there are over 1 species of bird life in the area
- Enjoy the native flora and fauna
- Wander along the 1.8 km boardwalk around the Macquarie Marshes – the walk is flat and level and rated easy.
What to bring
- Binoculars and cameras
- Field books, bird field guides to identify any of the flora or fauna you see
- Sun protection, hats, insect repellent, sunscreen
- Water and snacks, lunch – food as you the nearest shop is some distance away!
Driving on ‘Burrima’
- Remain of the main graded road. Do not drive on side tracks.
- Drive slowly, gravel roads can be hazardous and there is wildlife around.
- Park only in the designated carpark.
- If rain is likely be aware, and leave the property before rain occurs as the road is very slippery when wet.
More user friendly conditions, may be for near the entrance steps, or at the start of the Boardwalk.